I am a specialist numeracy practitioner with 15 years of experience working with students with maths difficulties, maths anxiety, and dyscalculia. I support students from my private practice in Stratford upon Avon, offering tutoring and assessments and offering support for students in schools. I have a PGCE and PG Diploma in maths difficulties and dyscalculia and am one of a handful of specialist tutors in the UK who can diagnose dyscalculia.
I passed the PGCE (Dyscalculia) Edge Hill course last year and am now taking the PG Dip leading to AMBDA. I’ve run the Southampton Tuition Centre since 2010 which offers English, Maths and Science tuition after school and Saturdays.
I have recently qualified as a Specialist Dyscalculia teacher & assessor, as well as a Specialist Dyslexia teacher too.
* Head of Maths for the last 5 years at Emerson House, a specialist learning centre for children with special educational needs.
* I regularly train teachers to become specialists at helping children with any form of maths difficulties.
* I have developed along with Jane Emerson, a new dyscalculia assessment (‘Maths and Dyscalculia Assessment‘), which provides a diagnostic assessment of the pupil’s maths strengths and weaknesses.
* Co-founder of ‘The Dyscalculia Network’.
* I work at Westminster Abbey Choir school as Head of Learning support. https://www.abbeychoirschool.org/
* Member of the British Psychological Society (No: 508474).
Educational Assessor. www.psychtesting.org.uk
* Certificate of Psychometric testing, Assessment & Access Arrangements (CPT3A).
* SEND Code of Practice certificate (Level 2)