Rob Jennings from The Dyscalculia Network interviews professor Brian Butterworth about his new book:
'Can Fish Count -
What Animals Reveal About Our Uniquely Mathematical Mind'The video includes questions detailed below: Congratulations on your new book Brian …
- Can you tell us a little bit about where the idea for this book came from?
- We have many of your other books, so what do you cover here that is different from your other publications?
- In your book, you discuss mammals, birds, reptiles and fish. Which of these was your personal favourite and why?
- In your book, you included an excellent summary on the importance of numeracy for a numerate society. I realise that this is a huge question, but what do you think can be done to help those children and adults with either low numeracy or indeed dyscalculia.
- In what way would this book be helpful to a teacher or a parent who is attempting to teach a child numeracy?
- Finally, what’s next… do you have any other projects in the pipeline?